Sunday, July 10, 2016

It's a crazy world we live in, thoughts of an everyday Mom

Usually I stay out of all the crazy in the world and focus on my own crazy.  But after the events of this past week I felt I needed to share my feelings.  This is about how I feel as a human being on this earth with all that is taking place.

I am very concerned about our future as a human race if we continue doing what we are doing to ourselves.  The amount of hate we all have, and I say we because this is a human race issue, is so discouraging and sad.  We have groups of people who fought so hard for their rights, yet we are all still fighting like we have something to prove.  Instead of focusing on ourselves and our gender, race, religion, let's focus on human rights and the rights and freedoms we have living in this country.  We need to use those rights for good and in a lawful manner.  Why are we taking steps backwards and ruining everything we and our ancestors fought for??

There is both good and bad in every profession, race, religion, etc...  We need to celebrate the good, report on the good, post about the good so much more than we do today.  Yes we need to be aware of the bad that is happening because it will happen, we are human after all.  But let's not sensationalize the bad and continue to paint a whole group based on the actions of the few.  Because that is what it really is most times, the actions of the few.  There is so much good in this world and we really need to see it, more than ever right now.  People are losing faith in everything and it is really making me sad and angry.

I am not sure if my parents felt this way when I was growing up and if the world felt this crazy at the time to them but it feels like things are so much worse now.  Can't we get it together America??  And our media, politicians and celebrities don't help matters (not all).  Some of them jump onto whatever the cause is of the day or the issue of the day or the tragedy of the day.  Why is this an issue?  They are such public figures that whatever they say becomes fact or what the majority seem to jump on. Now to stay in sync with my earlier thoughts, this is not all media, or all politicians or all celebrities but, what I ask of them because they are in the public eye and do have influence is to think about what you are saying and how will the general public react?  Are you unnecessarily tearing down one group to build up another due to a tragic event?  And no, everything is not peaches and roses but let's think and act strategically.  Most reactions are emotional, trust me I know, but we need to take time and think about what we are going to say and do in front of the masses.  There are most certainly times when we need to be stern and get people to wake up, now is one of those times, but again, don't arbitrarily tear another down to build yourself or cause up.

I am probably rambling and I am sorry but this is all just too crazy for my liking.  What we need is LESS hate and MORE love and understanding!!!  It doesn't matter where or how you grew up, what color your skin is, if you are male or female, gay or straight, Christian, Jew or Muslim, we all need to take control and be responsible for our own actions.  If you see someone in need, help them, if  you see someone doing well, congratulate them, if you see someone suffering, comfort them.

To America and the Human Race; what will you do today to make our Country and US better??

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID 19 / Quarantine / Social Distancing........a new normal?

This post may be a little all over the place so hang with me.  I like all of you are living this new normal right now and I am not sure what...