Sunday, August 21, 2016

The last first day.......

Tomorrow is the last first day of High School for Taylor.  I have mixed emotions.  It's a little sad for a couple reasons.  She is the second and final child to enter Senior year for one.  Secondly, this means she is really growing up and will be moving forward with her life soon and I get to sit back and watch her thrive.  That is where the sad crosses over into pride and joy.

She is totally ready for this last year in every way possible.  It makes my heart happy to know that she is going to rock this year because she has taken all of her life experiences thus far and is applying them to her future.

I already know this year will fly by because we have been down this road before with Drew.  I am going to try to take it all in and commit it all to memory.  Next year she will be off at college and I am going to have to continue to move forward in my own life knowing that I have done what I needed to in order for both my children to be productive members of society.

To my Daughter
I pray that you have the most amazing year and that you take it all in.  Don't run too fast through it all!!  Stop to take note of the fantastic memories you are going to create this year.  I know you are so ready to head out into the world but please remember  you will always have a place here.  Remember that you are a beautiful person and loved by so many.  Some of my favorite things about you are your uniqueness, your stubbornness (yes I know you get that from me), the way you stand up for those who cannot stand for themselves, your drive and focus, and the love you show to those around you.  
Know that we are very proud of you and all you have done in life so far and cannot wait to see all that you do in your very bright future.

Have a fabulous and LIT (I know, I know, I am probably not supposed to use that term but oh well) Senior year!!!

Love ya Tay!!

~ Mom













No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID 19 / Quarantine / Social Distancing........a new normal?

This post may be a little all over the place so hang with me.  I like all of you are living this new normal right now and I am not sure what...